Things Learned From NaNoWriMo, Week 4:
2. When you don't type ANYTHING for 5+ days, it's pretty darned difficult to start writing again.
3. Having a writing buddy to alternately heckle or word sprint with you helps a lot.
4. By this point, the favored "soundtrack" for writing is getting a little old. Time for new music.
5. I should have stockpiled more motivational snacks. I am out, and NOW is when I need motivation.
6. By now, I am almost ready for the word sprints to end, so I can do the slow, methodical "sewing up" that allows me to really soak in WHERE I am with the tale.
7. My manuscript is currently full of FLUFF. It's helped me make sense of where I'm going, but a LOT of what I've written won't make the final cut.
8. Right now, the editing stage is starting to look more fun.
9. I just realized that I may well have TWO completed manuscripts before the end of the year. (Whee!)
10. I can't believe I actually kept up with my Impossible Promise, despite having THREE jobs.
How are YOU doing with your NaNoWriMo project??