Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday 7: Stone-Dreaming


Sunday is when I showcase my own little spin on the "Six Sentence Sunday" challenge that has gained such popularity on the web. I've got my own reasons for not participating on the official blog, so I'm posting seven sentences from my current, newly merged-and-trimmed manuscript, renamed Taproot.

Here are today's sentences:


Beneath his stony layers, Gair seethed with anger. Nothing he dredged from his astonished soul could do justice to his wounds. He only knew that, at some point in his rock-slumber, when the painful edges of the sound-shadows had just faded into a healing rest, he had been shaken out of his rock-shape. One moment he was stone-dreaming, and the next he was flat on his back, looking into the livid face of his father. 

“What do you think you’re doing?” Razivan roared. 

It had gone downhill from there. No matter how hard he insisted on the pain his listening had put him through, Razivan would not hear of it. 

Comments? Questions?
Let me know in the comment section below!
And as always - thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment