It's one thing to think you have a chance at being a great writer; it's another thing to have your peers nominate you as such. Thanks to the fantabulous Angie Richmond at Write Me Happy, I have been favored with my first ever Versatile Blogger award. (I've also been invited to join her tribe on Triberr, which is a whole other new experience!)
The VA Blogger Award rules are as follows:
1. In a post on your, blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.2. In the same post, Add the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
Selecting 15 bloggers is difficult, at best. I certainly could make the list a good deal longer, as there are a ton of great blogs out there. The following blogs listed are all well worth the look, not to mention the fabulous people behind them. Follow them all on Twitter, too, if you haven't already. These are not autobot spammers, but amazing writerly souls who really care about their craft and those who share their passion for writing.
Here are the 15 that I selected, in no particular order:
Hmmm....seven random facts?? Okay....
1. I bit my tongue off the summer following first grade.
2. I've visited every continent except Africa and Antarctica.
3. I'm bilingual (English and American Sign Language).
4. I insist on teaching my grammar class from a book that's been out of print 50+ years.
5. I was once mistaken for Sigourney Weaver. (By a drunk Australian, so that probably doesn't count.)
6. I once had dinner with the Lord Mayor of London (not the current one).
7. I have the best students in the history of the universe. (Just sayin'.)
Thanks to Angie again for the high compliment. Hope you'll check out
everyone's blog! Writing was never meant to happen in a vacuum. :o)
Wow, thank you so much! Now, I'm one of the cool kids!ReplyDelete
Congratulations on your award--and thank you! :)ReplyDelete
Thank you! And congrats... you definitely deserve the award. :-)ReplyDelete
You're very welcome! I always enjoy reading your blog.ReplyDelete
Okay what the heck? You bit it right off? Oh my! How??
Okay, so it was only *mostly* severed, but close enough. There was a lot of blood.ReplyDelete
It was a quirky mishap at Six Flags (amusement park here in the states) - I was jumping down from a high step and apparently had my tongue between my teeth at the time, and my teeth closed through them with a *snap*.
Did I mention there was lots of blood?
Oh, and this was obviously in the days prior to 911. But I survived! And with no speech impediment (that I'm aware of).
Wow! A walking miracle :) Thanks for sharing and please take better care of your tongue!ReplyDelete
I nominated you for this as well. :DReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
Angela, just saw this! A bit behind in the blog-o-sphere... thanks! :-)ReplyDelete