Tuesday, January 31, 2012

30 Snapshots

Aaaaannnnnnnd we are now closed for submissions.

Don't know what I'm talking about? Then you probably didn't stop by my blog over the last week, when Lillie McFerrin, Angie Richmond, Daniel Swensen and I were tweeting the beflergins out of our Blog Hop Contest. Tons of people visited our blogs and read the guidelines and looked at the photo prompt, but in the end it was an even thirty people who were brave enough to go out on a limb and give their 300-words-or-less "story snapshot" of the writing prompt.

For the next week, Lillie, Angie, Daniel and I have the daunting task of narrowing those thirty down to five winners --- and it ain't gonna be easy. There is a LOT of raw talent out there!

While we agonize over the worthy winners, I encourage you to check out the Blog Hop Page and follow the links to the various entries and see which ones you like best. Not only will you have spent your time on a good deal of quality reading, but I am willing to bet that (a) you will be astonished at the variety of creative responses that sprang from one bizarre photograph (we certainly are!); and (b) you will find some amazing blogs that you must follow.

And you must follow them - of course! Because anyone cool enough to put their skills "out there" for all to see are never without roots and backstories and deeper waters.

Go out and do a little wading. I dare ya'.

And just for the record - this is not the only blog hop that you will find here. I've decided that when I hit 100 followers on my blog I will do some kind of writerly competitive awesomeness as well.

So  go - read, follow, and put on your writer's thinking cap.

And above all ---- write.

1 comment: